If you are anything like me, (or even if you’re nothing like me) you can probably think of a few things you would rather be doing, than cleaning the house. Sure, its necessary. Sure, it reduces the amount of germs, and allergens, and clutter in our lives. Sure, it provides one less reason to be talked about by our gossipy neighbors who love to surprise us with frequent “drop-ins.” ?It is just ?SO. DARN. BORING. ? I for one, love a short cut. ?The less time I have to spend cleaning and sanitizing my house, the better. ?So, I have collected a list of tips and tricks that I’ve picked up over the years. ?Hopefully, you can also use these to make cleaning a little faster, a little easier, ?and a little more effective.
?1. Use canned air to clean out exhaust fans and return air vents.
(A.K.A. Computer cleaner) ?Talk about a time saver! So much more effective than the feather duster and much faster than using a vacuum. ?Just turn the fan on and spray.?
2. Fill a plastic sandwich bag with vinegar to clean your shower head.
Just tie a rubber band around the bag to keep it in place and leave it there over night. You will wake up to a shiny, clean, shower ?head.
3. Keep the toilet brush wedged between the bowl and toilet seat to drip dry.?
I can not believe how many years of unnecessary toilet water dripping ?on my floor were endured before I discovered this trick!
4. Then pour some all ourpose cleaner into the brush holder before returning the brush.
This will help keep the brush clean, a fabulous idea considering where its been!
5. Use a lemon to clean the bathroom and kitchen fixtures.
Just cut a lemon in half and rub it along all the fixtures. It removes ?mineral deposits and leaves them sparkly clean!
6. Then rub the fixtures with waxed paper to prevent water spots and fingerprints.
This works as a water repellent and prolongs the shine time of your faucets and fixtures!
7. Use shoe polish to restore your worn or scratched leather.
Use a high quality wax shoe polish that matches the color of your leather furniture. Apply with a rag and rub it in to the scuffs and scratches to make it look new again.
8. Clean your blender with the press of a button.
Just fill your blender about halfway with water and add a couple drops of dish soap. Blend on low for about 10 seconds and just rinse, wipe, and voila!
9. Steam clean your microwave.
Fill a glass bowl with water and a couple drops of dish soap. Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes and then easily wipe down with a paper towel. No more struggling to get rid of the caked on pasta sauce. (Or whatever may have exploded in your kitchen)
10. Use coffee filters to clean your glass and mirrors.
Sparkling clean glass without leaving streaks or lint.